Forgive me, for I have sinned: It has been almost a year since my last post.
We made good progress on our (seemingly interminable) addition project over last spring and summer. I took a lot of pictures with many blog posts in mind, but, well, «insert aphorism about the surface of a road to a bad place here», so I decided to do an omnibus video covering everything that we got done. Progress faltered, for various reasons (*cough* Trump *cough*), as summer faded into autumn. We did not meet our major goal of having the underfloor solar heat working — which would have let me continue with the trim-out over the winter — so I basically hibernated over the winter as far as the addition was concerned.
A 15-minute tour:
[Update 5 Mar 17] Fun Fact: the (will-eventually-be-) heated great room / under-loft floor has ~40 yd3 of concrete — that’s 160,000 pounds of thermal-mass goodness!