Riversdell is our small farm on the Cacapon River at Hooks Mills, West Virginia, about 20 miles west of Winchester, Virginia.
We raise dairy goats. Our herd is a amalgamation of several breeds. Our focus has been primarily on hardiness with a minimum of veterinary care, and we are now beginning to focus on milk production and temperament.
We breed in the spring and have young stock to sell beginning in May, with selected yearlings and older stock sporadically available year-round. Please use the form below to contact us if you are interested in purchasing any dairy goats (or chickens, too, as we sometimes have an excess of them as well).
We bought the place in 1998. Over the years we have had ducks, goats, rabbits, sheep, chickens, and pigs. We did not continue with the rabbits and sheep, and the pigs are occasional and seasonal.
In addition to our farming, like most all small farmers, we also have “off the farm” jobs:
- Kirsten Weiblen is a Pharmacist registered in WV and VA. She also and does medical writing and editing.
- Eric Burleyson is a computer consultant who owns and operates LunaTek Consulting. He is also a founder and CTO of Health Literacy Innovations, developers of the Health Literacy Advisor, the nation’s first interactive health literacy software tool.
We have several aims in producing and maintaining this web site. We want to:
- Share our increasing knowledge of the many benefits of responsibly-raised foods
- Provide a glimpse into life on a small family farm in the “new rurality” era
- Promote an understanding of the importance of sustainable local agriculture
Comments or questions are welcome.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
We use free email anti spam software called MX Guarddog.